It appears that few churches have a desire for us to share with them in September and October. We will be at Word of Life in Patterson, La on Sunday September 30thand then at Family Life in Lafayette, La on October 7th. That means we have Sundays September 16thand 23rdopen and Wednesdays September 19thand 26thas well as Wednesday October 3rd. If you would like to have us please contact Debbie in Lake Charles. The contact information is at the top of this newsletter. Thank you.
God requires truthfulness and the Word mentions six ways we are to be truthful.
- Be truthful to God. “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). So much of our worship services are by rote. The Spirit is not allowed to lead.We do not have true worship unless we rely on the Word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Be truthful to your parents. II John 4 says, “I rejoiced greatly that I found my children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.” I have a responsibility to train my children to be honest and truthful. Children will follow the path of the parents if they are taught early enough in their lives.
- Be truthful to your conscience. Psalm 15:1-2 “Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness and speaks the truth in his own heart”. There is this filter within each of us called a conscience. If you listen to it you will be an honest person.
- Be truthful to your Christian family. Ephesians 4:25” Wherefore put away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another”. The church should be a place of honesty.
- Be truthful to civil authorities. Zechariah 8:16 “Speak you every man the truth to his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates”. God desires that we respect the positions of authority placed over us.
- Be truthful to your employer. II Corinthian 8:21 “Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men”. God expects honesty from us on the job.truthfulness