Adam preached for me yesterday.
Dottie and I began our last shopping for the trip home.
We had dinner with Thom and Shawna. It is hard to believe that ou trip is about over.
Our staff in Guatemala had a staff workshop on unity.
Why do we sin?
- Some sin out of ignorance. Acts 17:22, 30-31.
- Some sin because they want to. James 1:13-15.
- Some sin because they are not watchful. Galatians 6:1
- Some sin because they lack self-control. I Corinthians 9:27.
- Some sin by partaking in the sins of others. I Timothy 5:22 says “neither be a partaker in other men’s sins”. Bad company! I remember a great movie “Days of Wine and Roses” where a man became a drunk and eventually his wife began to drink also and became a drunk. When we walk with the wrong crowd bad things will happen.
- Some sin by not controlling their thoughts. Proverbs 24:9. “The thought of foolishness is sin”. I shudder to think of the world my grandchildren will inherit. So many devices have been created to keep people from thinking. People did because they are driving and talking on the phone or texting.
- Some did because they do not resist the devil. James 4:7 “Resist the devil and he will flee from you”. For goodness sake take a stand!
- Some sin because they do not have the word in their heart. Psalm 119:11 “Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you”. If you do not read the Word you have no ammo with which to fight the devil.
- Some sin because of selfishness. Luke 15:12 the wayward son asks for his inheritance and wastes it. He cared only about himself.
WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE TO TRY NOT TO SIN.