The teachers have been preparing for 2 weeks on starting school Monday. Our school year goes from mid-January until November. Graduation and the Quinceaneras will be November 23rd. The kids do not seem too excited about the new school year. Hopefully that will change on Monday.
I wrote thank you letters to dozens of folks today.
We are getting a trickling of new children but the government is still sending others back to their families.
[caption id="attachment_17952" align="alignnone" width="300"] University boys helping with the ceiling[/caption]
What motivates Christians to give? Giving is an expression of love.
Proverbs 23:7 says, “As a man thinketh in his heart so is he”.
The way you think is will become the way you act.
- We give because we love God. You are not expecting anything in return.
- We give because of gratitude. Thankful for his mercy & gift of salvation.
- We give because we are obedient. “If you love me, keep my commandments”
- We give because we trust Him. Confidence He will bless & keep us.
- We give because we are guardians. Everything belongs to God.
- We give because God is faithful. We know He will keep His Word.
- We give because we want to worship Him. We worship what or who we value.
Any one of these points is cause enough to make you a giver. I believe that one of the greatest blessings of being a child of God is to be a channel to a world of hurting people