My daughter, Tanya, has been undergoing cancer treatment and has gone from stage 3 to stage 1 ovarian cancer. Keep praying. She is so happy.
Orlando(Minor) is moving from our house to an apartment on the back property. He came here as a toddler and we adopted him. This is a big move for both of us.
People are arriving for graduation. We had practice this morning and it went well. We graduate kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade and 12th grade. Some of the children graduating from high school also graduated from kindergarten here also.
Pray for our finances please.The dollar dropped again.
Elizabeth Elliot was the wife of Jim Elliot the missionary martyr. She is so filled with forgiveness and one of the best teachers of the Word that I have listened to. She speaks on 7 ways to make yourself miserable and here they are:
- Count your troubles. Name them one by one. Christians as well as non-Christians have the ability to record their problems and missteps.
- Worry every day about something. Do not let yourself to get out of practice about whining and complaining.
- Pity yourself. If you do this enough no one else will have to do it for you. Have pity parties often and invite only yourself.
- Make it your business to find out what your neighbors own and where they are going for summer vacation. Try to outdo them.
- Stay away fro absolutes. The only thing that matters is what is right for
you. Do not worry about others think.
- Make sure you get your rights and your share of the pie. Other people have their own lives but your life is by far more important.
- Do not fall into the compassion trap. Never let people use you because you are soft and loving. Be stern & harsh & other people can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.
Mrs. Elliot hits the nail on the head. If you allow just one of these negatives enter the door of your heart you will be most miserable.