The older girls went on an excursion to the zoo. You can only imagine how much fun it is for them to get to leave the property.
Dottie finished the bows.
We are not desperate but the clock is ticking. Please pray with us about dorm parents for Vencedores(the boys 10-12).
Abraham Lincoln had so much wisdom and his words of wisdom are as profound as Ben Franklin. For instance:
- You are only what you are when no one is looking. Even I can fool people some of the time. But when I am alone I know who I really am on the inside.
- I have tried to do the best I could as each day came. You and I certainly need to take one day at a time and live that day as though it is our last.
- To sit in silence, when we should protest, makes cowards of all men. Your faith should be strong enough to defend.
- It is more important to know that we are on God’s side. There is no middle ground. We are either for God or against Him.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity but if you want to test a man’s character give him power. I am being tested right now as we move to the transition. Soon I will have little power after nearly 30 years as Papi.
- Let minor differences and personal preferences, if there be such, go to the winds. We major on minors too often. We need to learn when to pick our fights. Little foxes spoil the vine. Wait for the big fox before reacting.
- A good laugh is good for both the mental and physical digestion. Laughter is truly like a medicine. If we cannot laugh I doubt that we will have a long and happy life.