The girls in the baby dorm helped the toddlers to make banana bread and it was delicious.
The seniors had to take a state achievement test today in order to graduate.
The school had an end of the year program with pantomimes, an outside band and one of our own bands and worship groups. Then they received their report cards. Some joy & some sadness!!
What does patience do?
- Patience matures our character. James 1:4 “Let patience have her perfect work that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing”. God has a plan for our lives and therefore He permits trials and negative situations to arise in order for us to grow. No one will mature without resistance. Just look at what happens with an undisciplined child.
- Patience provides health for our souls. Luke 21:19 “By your patience possess you your souls”. We are so impatient when it comes to maturity in Christ. We get saved and want to preach without having a foundation. Witnessing is fine but there are spiritual aspects of Christianity that will only come with time.
- Patience gives us hope. Romans 15:4 “Whatever things were written before were written for our learning that we through the patience and comfort of the scripture might have hope”. God is not a respecter of persons and if He did things in the Bible for His children He will do them for us also. Every time I pray I believe that what He did for Moses or Peter he will do for me. That is why the thief on the cross is one of my most favorite characters.
- Patience provides us with God’s power. Colossians 1:10 “Walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy”. Do what you can do! Do all you can do! By being a doer and waiting afterwards you will be blessed.
- Patience enables us to inherit God’s promises. “We desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises”. (Hebrews 6:11-12) Wait for it—wait for it—the Lord keeps His promises. The blessings will come if we are patient.What does pa