Thom Spignor is our new chairman; Wes Hall is the new secretary & Andy Nixon is our new project executive.
We shared with Northside Assembly in Crowley. They have been co-laborers with Casa since 1989. It was Mission Miraacle Sunday so it was an honor they asked me to preach.
Melvin said “Pray for His purpose and not your needs” and it opened my eyes to what is most important.
What does it cost to not be a Christian? A woman when witnessed to about Jesus, salvation and eternity replied “Stop. You make me think and I hate to think”. What does it cost you to not think about your eternal destination?
- It costs you the sacrifice of peace in your conscious. The Christian has peace. God tells us there is no peace for the wicked.
- It costs you the sense of security God gives to His children. I am aging but I have no fear of death because I know in Whom I have believed and I know my eternal destination.
- It cost you the sacrifice of the highest joy known to man. The Christian has joy unspeakable.
- It costs the sacrifice of hope. Heaven is sure for the believer. I have hope in my eternal destination.
- It costs the sacrifice of God’s favor. Sin takes away the favor of God from our lives. Forgiveness of sin gives us the assurance that if God be for us who can be against us.
These are just some things it costs to not be a Christian. I am not willing to pay that cost. I do not want to sacrifice my peace and assurance of eternal life. By accepting Christ as my Savior I have allowed Him to pay all costs.