Josue attended an audience with a judge & after talking about the child the judge asked if his office could come & play soccer against our boys. He said that he read our update daily.
There was a surprise government inspection a week after 3 days of inspections. This particular group was very complimentary of Casa especially the food, the school and the medical ministry.
We had an excellent first day of the board meeting covering important areas. Jessica & Thom listened in by phone while Wes, Debbie, Dottie, Andy, Malcolm, Mark & I as well as Mike Ferguson was present. Mike gave an overview that sets us up for tomorrow.
Thou fool, this night your soul shall be required of you”. (Luke 12:20) Death can be sudden regardless of our age. It can be today, tomorrow or next year but the truth is that it will come suddenly as we pass through this life.
Everything this wicked man in Luke 12 had done was now lost. He took none of it with him. In Luke 12:22 there is another dead man who finds himself in hell. Did you ever read what some famous infidels said at death?
- Voltaire in 1778 said, “I am abandoned by God and man. I will give you half of what I own for 6 more months of life.
- Churchill in 1764 said “What a fool I have been”.
- Hobbs in 1679 said, “I am about to take a leap in the dark”.
- Gibbon in 1794 said, “I am lost, irrecoverably lost. All is dark & hopeless”.
- Gambetta in 1882 said, “I am lost and there is no use to deny it.”
- Thomas Paine in 1809 said, “O Lord help me for I cannot bear to be alone. Send even a child to play with me”.
Each of these men tell us of a facet of help and eternal separation from God. How sad when you realize how easy it is to come to Christ. You need not enter eternity with doubts or fears.”