Cindy’s surgery went well and the catheter is working. Thank you for praying.
Walt & Randi are designing shirt to ell in order to help the dialysis program. All proceeds will go to the children. Their goal is $1000.
Tomorrow we begin our two day board meeting.
Sunday morning we will be at Northside Assembly of God. This will conclude our trip. We love preaching and sharing and visiting churches and new friends but we are also excited to return to Casa. Thank you to all who hosted us, listened attentively and helped us in any way through the last 3 weeks.
Our band played for another school in San Luca
Our marching band performing in San LucasYou and I must confess our sin. Did you ever realize that you within yourself are no good? Did you ever say to God “I want to be good”? If we confess our sins He is faithful to forgive them. But our part must come first. The Bible shows us examples of what men and women of God confessed.
- Job confessed in his book 40:4 that he was vile. He was empty of being good. Now this was a very special man who realized that God alone can put goodness into us.
- Isaiah 6:5 shows him confessing that he was helpless and undone. As we have dealt with the current governmental situation in Guatemala’s homes for children I too cry out that I am helpless. Unless He intervenes I can do nothing.
- Solomon in the Song of Solomon 1:5 confesses that he is wicked. This was the son of David who was considered the most wise man to ever live yet he fell into the trap of bad marriages and relationships that would eventually bring down his kingdom.
- David wrote in Psalm 22:6 that he was weak and a worm before God. In such a vast world of 7 billion people we are so small and insignificant in the world’s eyes. Barely noticeable! Yet expected to make a difference.
- Paul says in Romans 7:14 that he was under the power of the flesh. Only a fool would not pray this prayer if he was honest with himself. I am so weak when it comes to resisting temptation and choosing correctly.
- Peter realized in Luke 5:8 that he was a sinful man. He said he did not deserve to be in the presence of Jesus. He tells Jesus to depart because Peter is such a failure.
- In Luke 15:21 the soldier says that he does not deserve mercy.
All of these prayers should be the confessions of our souls.