What a pleasant day! After the stress of yesterday we just were able to sit and relax. I even worked on my sermon for next Sunday. We visited with Larry & Sue. So it was a day of rest.
Shepherd says that Life is hard but God is good.
He is strong in our weakness. Today we had the inspection by the government. Truly I was on pins and needles. Little faith! Much prayer! But He was strong through it all. He is comfort when I am in pain. I only need to look at how he comforted me through the deaths of so many children and so many other disappointments.
- He is peace when I am haunted by fear. I would be lying if I told you I never feared. His perfect love casts out my fears.
- He is love when I need acceptance. There are times that even in the midst of hundreds here at Casa that I feel isolated and I feel the pressure of loneliness.
- He is protection when I am in trouble. I cannot even begin to name the hundreds of times I have had trouble and He has been there for me. Nothing is too difficult for Him.
- He heals my wounds when someone or something has hurt me. Emotionally my life in Guatemala has been a roller coaster. I seem to go from one situation to another yet He is always there to bind up mu hurts.
- He is our joy when our hearts are grieved. Four young children were sent home yesterday and the home situation is terrible. My heart aches for them and without the joy of the Lord I would not have the strength to carry on.
- He is my friend when I have been rejected. Contrary to what you may think I am not very likable. I have been shunned and rejected often and probably deservedly so. But Jesus has always been my friend.
- He is my power when I need a miracle. In spite of my fears and doubts Jesus has always and I mean always been there to get me through the darkness.
Life is hard but God is good