MORE GOOD NEWS! We have hired two nurses that will work 7 days a week in dialysis & give Arolodo his long needed relief. He has been so faithful.
Woods Edge is here from Texas so they will have a VBS & a carnival for the children. What a wonderful day!!!
As I age (and I am only 74) I look for ways to try to stay young. An 89 year old man by the name of Diest jotted down some thoughts about staying young while aging. I see a few that could help me.
- Applaud the success of others. I believe that I have tremendous pride and appreciation for what my children have accomplished and what they are currently doing. Casa is filled with success stories.
- Exercise daily. I can no longer jog or use much weight but I walk every day. In fact Dottie and I walk as much as we can.
- Keep a positive attitude. The last five years has been a series of negative attacks and discouragements. Our prayer life deals with those negatives everyday. Most days I can stay positive.
- Read widely and often. I love to read. I am blessed with a large and multi-themed home library. I study and I glean ideas from everywhere.
- Play with children. Daily I am able to walk out my door and be in the presence of children of all ages. They challenge me to stay young and as fit as possible.
- Laugh heartily. Ever since I was a child I have been a clown. I try to bring humor into every situation. Dottie said the main reason she married me was that I made her laugh. We are still laughing 54 years into our marriage.
- Take a class. Well, I do not go off to school but when I go to the US to minister I buy books of a certain topic such as Galatians or Peace and then I return to Guatemala and do a study of that book or subject.